Friday, July 13, 2007

My Loves



T.I's T.I. vs T.P album has good production (southern rap vibe) but nil else. At best it is repetitive and at worst rubbish. I expected better especially as King wasn't that good either. Kelly Rowland's Miss Kelly is one of the best albums I have owned since The Evolution of Robin Thicke (which everyone is now jumping on over 6 months later). Stand out tracks include Still in Love With My Ex, Comeback, Every Thought Is You, Work it (Put It In) and Better Without You. This album is killing me, it's so good but can Kelly garner greater success without resorting to some female artists' tactics of wearing dental floss?

The Rodney Jerkins produced So Sick by Natasha, has a neptunes-esque beat with falsetto vocals. I fear she may be another of those one single r n b artists that litter the musical landscape.

Can they release Megan Rochelle's album already? Trey Day from Trey Songz is sounding like it might be hot judging by Wonder woman & Fly Together. Think rnb with rap bridges. Straight out of the wrapper is Chrisette Michele's I Am.

My creative is in a critical condition. There was a scare earlier in the week, it kept crashing and I had to update the firmware praying my data would be safe. After trawling through I discovered many members of the creative techie community which I am now part of, have the same problems. I had to survive 4 days without music. Never again! The Creative m vision 30GB is one of the best mp3 players on the market but firmware problems and its liability to crash after the warranty has expired have ended my loyalty. I don't want to get an i-pod but quality players offering 30 GB of space are few and far between. The Archos Gen5 is a beauty.


I finished This Book Will Save Your Life by A.M Homes and The Kite Runner by Khaled Hossein which is set in Afghanistan. A.M Homes' book is similar to Sofia Coppola's Lost In translation in that it is about nothing.It is well written and I kept waiting for the big climax which never existed despite the mini ones. I love the Kite runner because the style of writing is very affectionate and the characters have depth. The author does not shy from harrowing subjects. He tackles them with compassion and honesty.

I have a surprise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In my defence, i was listenin to the evolution of robin thicke about a year ago!! (i'm even bored with it now!) :-p -xx- Nikhil