Sunday, February 25, 2007

Regression into My Teens

jenny was a friend of mine/mr brightside/smile like u mean it/ somebody told me/all these things that ive done/on top/when we were young and read my mind. Picture the scene.Wembley arena ,12,000 people, big stage, eclectic lighting and the Killers on stage.
The crowd went crazy for mr brightside, somebody told me and all these things and the concert can only be described as awesome. My friends and the whole of the standing section or 'pit' as we renamed it regressed into teenage hood. I've never jumped up and down so much in my life and throughout wave after wave of nostalgia swept over us. Life is good, life is great. On the way home I listened to Hot Fuss and I pictured myself back in the arena soaking up the atmosphere.
The Good Shepherd opened on Friday and it is one of longest movies released so far this year. I realise De Niro wanted his debut to be remembered but his attempt at an epic leaves a lot to be desired. Why do actor-directors feel the need to make cameos? Surely if you want to be taken seriously you stay behind the camera. Angelina Jolie actually acted and as always Joe Pesci was a welcome face and Matt Damon gave a good performance. I left the cinema two hours and forty minutes later exhausted and with no idea of what the point was. There is no succinct plot and character development is painfully protracted. I urge you to see the film and make up your own minds.

No comments: