Friday, March 09, 2007

Who Am I?

I passed 1st year so I am uber cool and my behind is super glued to the library seats. I will make noise and disturb others who want to work seriously while brandishing my course guide as a badge of honour. Who am I? Someone in 2nd year.

When I was younger I did not have attitude or give lip. I had so much respect for the years above because they were more experienced and knowledgable than myself. I am shocked anyone other than desperate finalyears is in the library at the weekends. The younger students are more competitive and keen than we ever were. This is good because they may make better doctors. Hoewever feedback from some of 2nd and 3rd years I know reveals some people are work-obsessed and have no extracurricular activities. I fear burn out could be on the horizon for a few.

Why are the National Gallery charging £12 for the Renoir exhibition? It is ludicrous that Ernst & Young is sponsoring them and yet they still have exorbitant fees. I love the National Gallery and National Portrait Gallery (NPG)hence my disappointment. Nothing like putting off tourists and locals. The most NPG charge is £6 or £8 for special exhibitions.


I am enjoying my little moments of freedom because I know in 5 months I won't have much free time. Wandering Trafalgar's square on a saturday, spotting new restaurants on the high street and catching up with friends. Two birthday things this weekend and I will keep you posted.

Check out the new Timbo, Nelly and Justin video causing a raucus with Scott Storch.

No comments: