Thursday, December 15, 2005

Santa Claus is coming

I am really enjoying Paediatrics. The children are so friendly and regressing to childhood is part of the clinical examination. All the staff at the Hospital have been so welcoming, eager to teach and the parents happy to help us learn. It feels like 'proper medicine' and the last few rotations( bar GP) I have done are potential career options.


I made a Christmas list so I can brainstorm present ideas for all the members of my family. My week off next week and I am looking forward to some rest and relaxation after six straight months of lectures and clinical rotations. I dread the Christmas rush as Londoners search for gifts so most of my shopping or browsing has been done online. The positives of the holidays: eating too many courses, chocolates and desserts, sleeping, watching rubbish TV or dvds and having lie-ins. Bliss.............................. Oh and of course spending quality time with my family.

Negatives : I get a bit cranky being cooped up for a long period with rubbish TV. The endless visits or phone calls from distant relatives you haven't seen since you were 2, who still think you are 2.

No comments: