Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Renal? What's that?

Thursday 10 August
Today we saw classic infective endocarditis with mitral valve prolapse on examination, stroke, IgA nephropathy/ AV fistula bruit, cellulitis, and I heard my second pericardial rub ever. We attended some lectures for the medical students on metabolic bone disease. To be frank, it was all repetition so we buggered off. The interesting long case this Friday centred on a possible pulmonary renal syndrome (Wagener’s or polyarteritis nodosa). We have had 4 sessions of renal teaching with an awesome consultant bringing my renal knowledge from non-existent to vague recollection.

This weekend’s trip to Sigiriya and Dambulla has been postponed to next week. Today one of the neurologists sidelined us on her ward round after we waited 45 minutes for it to commence. We went back to our old stomping ground, the general medical ward where we saw a linguinal lobe pneumonia and Haemophilia A. I am feeling a bit weird today. I miss home cooked food and I just want to get on to the rest of Asia. Another confirmed bomb explosion in front of a shopping centre close to us this afternoon.

No comments: