Thursday, August 03, 2006

No More Kandy

On the ward round we saw a patient with classic cor pulmonale and the most prominent ronchi in all the lung zones. A consultant in renal medicine met us on the ward round and offered to teach us. We saw interstitial nephritis and idiopathic chronic renal failure. The one thing I love about this elective is the spontaneity of the teaching. The consultants come and find us but not a small proportion of consultants are not as open. There was an interesting lecture on metabolic syndrome by a Prof.from New Jersey as part of the National Endocrine Society of SL meeting. The air conditioning did not prevent me from feeling sleepy so I doodled. I couldn't remember the last teletubby Dipsy but my friend helped. There is talk of an elective night out. Due to the threat from the Tamil Tigers, many locals have advised against going to the parahera in Kandy. So we are going to region with picturesque tea plantations and scenery instead.

No comments: