Friday, October 20, 2006

Phlebotomist/Ward clerk Wanted

The atmosphere is depressing. Some of my colleagues are considering applying for jobs in the City post-registration. I thought about it for more than a few seconds. My first week shadowing a surgical house officer did nothing to dissuade this. Writing notes on ward rounds, filling in pathology/ scan requests, writing up drug charts, taking bloods/putting in cannulae and carrying round a bleep. The joys of clinical medicine. On a positive note every doctor had to go through the initiation and there are interesting theatre sessions and clinics interspersed with the daily activities. I am drifting away from my year due to the staggered elective system and dispersal of clinical attachment locations. Some would say this is a good thing. I also hardly get to see my friends from back home or out of London, which is not winning me any fans. I must make an effort.....

Music keeping me going:

The Evolution of Robin Thicke Robin Thicke
Ghetto Story Alicia Keys feat Akon
My friend gave me a masterclass on Paolo Nutini and I love the album These Streets.
The Last Kiss OST- Chocolate by Snow Patrol is on repeat.

Marie Antoinette is out. I am not a huge fan of Sofia Coopola. Lost in Translation had no plot (sitting in this category with Magnolia and 2046) despite the edgy Tokyo backdrop. .

No comments: