Saturday, October 21, 2006

The old Marketing Ploy

I was unable to finish my huge vanilla milkshake after consuming the Jamaican burger at Gourmet burger. Every time! The Last Kiss was o.k. Zach Braff, Jacinta Barrett and Rachel Bilson were watchable and I loved the soundtrack but perhaps I have seen to many romantic comedies recently leaving me cynical. The last one being Trust The Man starring David Duchovny' and Julian Moore. The old marketing ploy: use well known screenplay writer in movie trailer advert works wonders.

Is it me or are there some strange people in this beautiful metropolis we call London? Exhibit 1. Men who solicit via text. I know the naughties brought technological revolutions but it's not sexy and definitely not clever. I am not Einstein but....Exhibit 2. What do you do? I am a medical student. So what are you going to work as? A landscaper for a NHS trust perhaps. OK maybe I am the weird person and everyone else is laughing at me because I know that most people studying nursing will become nurses etc.

My firm is very relaxed and by that I mean we have coffee together, braid each other's hair and eat lots of chocolate. In between saving lives of course. The key statements section of the MTAS form is a classic, so named to avoid confusion with the A levels personal statement. I could have come up with a more diverse range of questions such as how many people have you hugged this week and how does this illustrate your qualities as a Dr?

New albums:

John Legend-It's no secret that I am a fan of him but I have read mixed reviews for the new album. As a result I haven't bought a ticket for his London show in December. Is this going to be a 'Kanye' situation where the follow up trails in comparison to the debut?

The Game Doctor's Advocate. Again mixed reviews but if I had to choose between he and another rapper he used to hang out with, Game wins hands down. Actually a judy puppet probably has more skills than his former buddy.

No comments: