Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Aaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

Today was one of those days where you hate studying medicine in London because of the cost and unpredictable transport services. Train delays meant I was late for a day placement. In terms of learning, the day was useful but there was some confusion as to the whereabouts of my coat at home time. Security obliged in opening the area but it wasn't there. Eventually I bumped into someone who was supposed to give it to me but hadn't a chance. After missing the bus to the town centre, I waited in the dark and cold for another bus. Luckily the bus driver was related to Schumacher and I ran like a crazy lady so I made it to the train station in good time. Or so I thought. The timetable was wrong and the train left 10 minutes ago. I wanted to scream but waited 30 minutes for another train. Finally it arrived, we went three stops and stopped. 'Ladies and gentlemen, there has been a signal failure because of the damp weather '. I gritted my teeth, cursed under my breath and resisted the temptation to go into meltdown. What followed was a nightmare journey where the Chiltern railways (yes you) train went at snail's pace or stopped completely before reaching London. Three hours later I walked into the flat, tired and hungry. I will never use that rail company again and will claim for compensation.

My day on the cardiac ward was incredibly good. Friendly staff and patients were the order of the day. I respect the patients so much as they must be tired of everyone listening to their heart and they agreed to let me listen anyway. Bureacracy is endemic in the NHS with clinical staff entangled in it's web. The SHO shook his head in disbelief when I mentioned the lack of training posts. I can't wait till the MTAS form is sent off so I can forget about it for 3 months.

Damien Rice's new LP 9. The difference between this record and the last is what exactly?

No comments: