Saturday, January 13, 2007

Piggy back

Bar with friend and I was in a good mood. The only possible explanation for accepting a piggy back ride past the age of 10. It was fun.

Like Neo in the matrix I am suspended in a state of disbelief. My year, notorious for their above average alcohol tolerance and relaxed nature compared to our juniors, are actually revising for finals. No longer are people lying on direct questioning and working behind closed doors. I should be pleased but I will do what suits my routine and I want to enjoy these last few months of relative freedom before the 'experience' that is the foundation programme ensues.

This week a senior academic described the FY programme as the biggest mistake in medical training in recent years. I couldn't agree more. The variety of experiences during medical training was highlighted this week. There are some days when you wonder why you even bother getting out of bed and others which remind you of what you like about the vocation.

Did I mention my not so secret love?

No comments: