Sunday, January 15, 2006

Hello Again


I apologise for my brief absence. Our flat's internet connection is down again. In this period I have been going into university to use the computers, semi-ignored on my residency placement and reading paeds. Our residency firm look at us as if we are crazy, when we ask for patients to clerk on the ward or in accident and emergency. The situation has improved slightly probably due to us following them everywhere. As I watched the senior house officers in A& E I realised this would be me in 3 years time, overworked, stressed and with a morbid sense of humour. What have I done?

I saw Match Point in the cinema. I enjoyed it despite the unbelievable second half, Scarlett Johansson's overhyped role and the similarity to Talented Mr. Ripley. Dinner with flatmates at my favourite Thai restaurant in Earl's Court. Thai iced tea.. yum. The dessert was in essence pancake in green food colouring and as a self-confessed choc-a-holic I was not impressed.

The first showing of Memoirs of a Geisha was sold out so we returned for the later showing. Memoirs had great cinematography and a haunting soundtrack despite some cheesy lines. Perhaps I am a romantic at heart.

I have 3 presentations to do for paeds, plus random questions which don't contribute to our final exam grade. Oh the sense of it all. Friend's house party next week, this is a feeble attempt to create some sort of illusion that I am young and hip. As opposed to the woman who thinks TV has deteriorated into a pile of crap, school children are too noisy on the bus and goes to bed before 12 a.m. If anyone finds my life in their travels, please tell it I want it back.

Did I forget to mention my creative m vision 30gb? I love it, ipod who?
Photo from www.blackfilm.com/. ../poster2_l.jpg

No comments: