Monday, February 20, 2006

Moving at a Tangent

It’s crazy, you don’t speak to old school friends for a short period of time and your lives seem to be moving at a tangent. I am relatively good at staying in touch with old classmates when I want to (come on you can’t get on with everyone). However it is becoming increasingly difficult keeping in touch with friends in my year never mind friends from other universities or school. Thank goodness for the occasional birthday or end of exams celebrations. This weekend is a mammoth birthday fiesta. It should make up for my incredibly low-key weekend, self-induced I admit.

Clinical Psychiatry begins this week and I am having difficulty motivating myself after finishing paeds. I want to lie on a beach for 2 weeks only interrupted by waiters offering endless refreshments and my personal masseuse. My only consolation is that I graduate in 16 months and I just pray that I won’t be in that exclusive group of 30 something people who didn’t get any of their foundation job choices. Otherwise I may end up on that beach, contemplating my future.

No comments: