Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Elective Drama

I write this as my eyes sting from staring at the PC for too long. I am amidst elective grant applications and I realise begging for money is an artform. My plans have shifted, I'm applying to south east Asia as opposed to the USA because of their late deadlines relative to the start of my elective period and excessive paper work. Also a consultant I spoke to who has trained and worked in the USA gave some eye- opening advice.

My flatmate's upper resp tract infection which I have managed to avoid, has finally caught up with me. My stomach hurts from too many tunes, don't worry I didn't exceed the stated dose.
I am flying solo on the wards this week, my clinical buddy is off for a week.

The birthday fiesta was lovely. Nandos on Thursday and dinner at a tapas place in canary Wharf on Saturday night. The seafood paella was amazing as were the millions of tapas we consumed, again my breathing was restricted.

Our next door neighbour decided to have an impromptu party at 330 in the morning so I got very little sleep on Sunday. Some people are so inconsiderate.

No comments: