Monday, February 13, 2006

State of Music

I got pretty shoes after some cajoling from a friend. O.k. maybe I convinced myself. In the evening my friends and I went to a fancy dress party. By the time we arrived everyone was wasted. Cue hilarious conversations with people knowing the details will be forgotten forever. I am the biggest chicken ever when I am attracted to people, I never go up to them or say anything. The one that got away….

Saturday was more relaxed despite walking into Trafalgar Square during the protests. I haven’t been in this world for a few days as everyone else seemed to know it was happening. The National Gallery was interesting as usual. The Monet and the Impressionist pieces are my particular favourites. Of course I had to visit my second home, the national portrait gallery (npg). The exhibitions hadn’t changed much since my last visit before Christmas. Then we wandered round Convent Garden, another one of my favourite past times. I had the resist the urge to go into HMV, akin to a druggie going past their dealer’s house. Godfather desserts to cap off the afternoon and feed my chocolate addiction.

Saw Clive Owen/Jennifer Aniston’s new picture, Derailed. It was weird. I don’t want to spoil it for anyone but the plot is quite similar to Match Point. I found myself laughing at the end. I don’t know why exactly considering I have the hugest respect for Clive Owen. Jennifer’s performance was o.k. if a bit short.

On Sunday I lazed around, tidied and watched Carrie and the girls on DVD. Series 4 where she gets back with Aidan and Samantha decides she is a lesbian. It’s hilarious entertainment.

On rotation at the moment, in no particular order:
Aaliyah-
Age ain’t nothing but a number
Musiq Soulchild-
JusLisen
TLC-Fan mail
Boyz II Men- II
Missy Elliott-
Da Real World
Monica -The Boy is Mine
Next- Welcome to Nextasy
The Game-
The Documentary
Gwen Stefani- LAMB; first half, the rest is not to my liking.
Damien Marley- Welcome to Jamrock
En Vogue- Funky Divas
Maroon 5- Songs About Jane

The state of populat music/ r ‘n’ b at the moment has triggered my musical regression. Certain radio stations insist on rinsing Ne-Yo’s So sick and Pussycat dolls/Will I am’s Beep. Guess what? Chris Brown is ‘so totally hot right now’. It has taken about 3 or 4 months for the UK mainstream to even recognise him. Thank goodness for the internet and used music. Again I reiterate from months back Lyfe Jennings is HOT. The album flows telling a story.

I start Psychiatry tomorrow. In case you cannot feel the excitement, I am leaping for joy in my head. It’s nothing personal against the specialty I just need a break.

No comments: