Friday, March 17, 2006

Quiet Ones

I went to a friend's gig in North London on Tuesday night. It was good fun and I was good and came home early. On Wednesday I went to the dance show at one of the London Universities. The performances were of a high standard but some of the pieces would have been tightly choreographed with less people. Thursday involved another gig in east London with acoustic performances from three acts. One of the girls was so good, she reminded me of KT Tunstall/Sheryl Crow. It made me want to pick up a guitar and pour my soul out. Only problem is I can't play the guitar or sing very well. Hmmm..maybe I could get on the X-Factor tour. I stupidly agreed to go to some club in central London afterwards. I met some interesting people who were multi lingual and insisted on speaking fluent French to me. Perhaps it was my fault, one of them introduced himself in French, asked how I was and I replied politely in French. After that I just had a blank stare during the conversation that followed as my GCSE French left me failing. Have I missed a couple of centuries, can you ask people to be your other half when you just met them? Answers on a post card to the usual address. In general a fun night but I got home in the early hours of the morning.


Next week is the last week of fun and games as my exams are coming up. I am going to see Omid Djalili's show and there's another gig in east London. I must comment on a change of heart. I had never really been to many gigs, preferring concerts in small venues. However they are a cheap night out. You can catch up with friends, relax and have a few drinks. This weekend will be a quiet one.

1 comment:

Moc said...

Wow, you just don't seem to stop. I thought you were meant to be getting longer in the tooth!

I only know two sentences in Chinese: 'how are you' and 'I love you', which I intend to be able to use one after the other. So hopefully you can ask people to be your other half after having just met them.