Monday, March 27, 2006

Not So Quiet One

Last weekend was a quiet one, involving eating, watching TV and just relaxing. This week on the other hand was far from it. Another gig on Wednesday at 333. The first act were really good. I wish I could play bass guitar! The second act were a Franz Ferdinand rip-off complete with matching black attire. The main vocalist should keep his day job , until they find a replacement. The final act were also very good and by the end of the evening I was starving. I left to get some food on the way to the tube station. Tip for everyone, never buy food when you are starving as it affects your judgement. It was a food outlet selling Chinese, kebabs and burgers. I had the Chinese buffet, cue jealous stares from hungry revellers on the tube home . Enough said. Friday was friend of a friend's birthday. We ended up at NYT. I don't know why they make such a fuss about proof of i.d when they let 15-17 year olds in anyway. We were easily older than about a quarter of the people in there. It looked like a casting call for extras in a Chris Brown video. The lyrics, ' girl put some clothes on' come to mind. Apparently bras can be worn in public. On Saturday I saw Omid Djalil's stand up show. He is so politically incorrect but some of it was hilarious. In the evening I went to Umbaba with a friend. It's the new China White apparently. Annoying people with clipboards who rule the world on Saturdays, overly aggressive bouncers and half naked wanna be models. The music was very good despite the odd deterioration into trancey house. I actually had a good time maybe because our friends were dancing on the tables. I have never seen a group (excluding myself) consume that much alcohol.

With psychiatry exams looming there will be no more fun for a while.

1 comment:

Evon said...

it's very hard to read your post in this blue color, it hurts my eyes. Sorry, could you post in in another color please.