Sunday, March 05, 2006

Someone Call Age Concern

Someone call Age Concern. There is an old lady masquerading as a young, hip, student. Yours truly spent most of Friday sleeping off her cold. I went to a swanky bar/club in south Kensington with some friends. It was fun and I spent most of the night watching the crowd in bemusement. Regulars at the Harley Street Plastic Surgeons, 'models' waiting for their big breaks and city guys who are attracted to them. The owner used the takings from drinks to send his children through university I'm sure. Trendy cocktails, 'commercial house' and pop were the order of the night. It was fun despite the 45 year old men who obviously left their wives at home.

Saturday involved a trip to tescos during food rush hour. What was I thinking? There were trolley jams, millions of shoppers fighting in the frozen food aisle. I met some other friends in a bar in west London for a friend's birthday. Alcohol is bad but I was good. It was a fun night despite the smokey setting, with lots of of flirting. On the way home someone tried to pimp me (kiss on the cheek for the shop manager in exchange for pastries). Some people are so cheeky. I woke up this next morning in my friend's room, with semi blurred vision and contacts stuck to my eyeball, having slept in my clothes and full make up. I committed a fashion sin and I can see the dermatologists shaking their heads in disapproval. Then I crawled home to get some food and more sleep. Umm yeah I was supposed to do some work this weekend. That plan went out of the window. Oh well you only live once. I don't think I will be eligible for a pension just yet.

No comments: