Saturday, October 15, 2005

Greed, Gripes and Good movies


Have you ever been in one of those situations when you have to say something?. Take communication skills, after the simualted scenario, we have to give our colleagues constructive feedback. The tutor goes round the group asking for comments. We usually repeat what the previous people have said but phrase it differently. This time I thought I would do the unthinkable, say the truth. In response to ''So what do youuuu think?'', I replied, '' I don't really have anything to add as my comments have been mentioned by others''. The tutor gave me the weirdest look and after an uncomfortably long silence carried on. Jadefox 1, comm skillls 0 (so petty).


I finally booked my
Kano tickets and I need to listen to the album before I go on 27th. The intelligent amongst you might ask why I booked tickets when I haven't even heard most of the album. I would redeem myself by saying many friends say he's very talented and I trust them. Plus I listened to sample tracks on his website and as a certain hip hop DJ would say ''it's gonna be BIG!''.


X-men 3 is released on 26 May 2006. According to rumours, The Beast (Kelsey Grammer?), Angel and Gambit will be starring in it and Halle Berry has asked that Storm's character be further developed (I can't imagine why). Memoirs of a Geisha is released in December 2005 and the trailer looks amazing. I loved the book and hope the film is as good. Other new releases can be found at http://movieweb.com/movies/releases/year.php?2006.


Went to
Gourmet Burger Kitchen. We waited 10 minutes for a table is it was restaurant rush hour. The venue has gotten mixed reviews with some descre it as overpriced burger joint and others like your truly, think the food is yummy. When the food arrived I knew I wouldn't be able to finish it. I had the chorizo (spanish sausage with garnish and a ridiculous amount of foilage) and a chocolate milkshale (very primary school I know). Needless to say after eating I couldn't breathe, laugh or move in any direction without some sort of discomfort. Serves me right.

Harlem bar in Notting Hill after. The tiniest establishment bar some of the basement clubs in Convent Garden near the main square. The bar was eerily empty and even the bar staff looked bored. The last time I came it was so packed there wasn't room to even move. Had an elderflower martini despite feeling nauseous from the food. The music was a weird mix of motown, country pop and unclassifiable. I prefer Cargo, Medicine et al in Shoreditch. Shoreditch is trendy bendy but the atmosphere is quite relaxed.

Back to the flat. Watched Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon for the millionth time and the combination of overdistended stomach, Heineken and a long week in GP rendered me sleepy. I collect my pension next week.


Image from http://www.mywandsworth.co.uk/wandsworth/restaurants-reviews-gourmet-burger-kitchen.htm

No comments: