Sunday, October 30, 2005

Kano Cancelled

I got an e-mail and telephone call from ticket web informing me that the Kano concert had been cancelled. On searching the internet, sources suggest the polics closed the venue in the interest of public safety based on intelligence regarding unsavoury characters ( I knew the restraining order would return to haunt me). My friend I met during my BSc left London today as she graduated and begins a new life abroad. I'm going to miss her so much and I feel like something is missing. She owns more pairs of jeans than I do for starters and is into her fashion. She's funnier, prettier and smarter than I could ever hope to be (Grrrr) but I love her anyway.

We went to NYT in leicester square on Friday night. The door man had the hugest chip on his shoulder ( the scientific term is 'bored twat with overinflated ego' syndrome). Anyway after giving the guy on the door some sob story as to why we arrived after the guestlist closed, he let us in for half price. My fake American accent works sometimes. A wise man once said If you ever want to get good treatment pretend you're from abroad and customer service for your Black American Express told you this was a good venue. Watch them fall over themselves to find you a table.

The music was the best I have heard bar Jazzy Jeff and for a year or so. There is somewhere that plays good music on a Friday night in London. Crowd was a strange mixture of university students, dancers from music videos and the usual array of scantily dressed girls. We had fun and mused over the fact that people aren't as friendly anymore. The funniest situations arise from chatting to random people. Had 2 hours sleep because I had to say goodbye to my friend before she left for the airport.

No comments: