Monday, October 24, 2005

New Beginning

I passed O & G! Relief doesn't quite cover it. GP has come to an end following a 4 hour debrief session which I thoroughly enjoyed. If one more tutor asks me how I feel I think I will scream. Start neurology next week. This weekend involved mainly sleeping and eating, no work just relaxing. There is the small matter of BSc graduation next week. It has turned into such a big deal and that is the exact reason I didn't want to go but it wasn't worth my family disowning me. I can't wait to sit through a ridiculously long ceremony so I can collect a blank scroll (received my degree in the post a month back). I would be slighlty more keen if it was my MBBS graduation. The drinks reception after might soften the blow and I was hoping to see all my friends on other courses but they've separated the medics from the rest of the graduates.

Music, my addiction, my soul. Faves this week in no order of preference:

  1. Alicia Keys -Unplugged Album. Alicia surpasses herself.
  2. Kano- Home sweet Home
  3. Vivian Green-Vivian
  4. Kray Twins feat. Twista- What we do. Excellent production=Club banger.
  5. Ricky Martin- I won't desert you. In my humble opinion the only good track on the album Life apart from Que Mas Da (I don't Care) (Luny Tunes Regeaton Mix). I like the Asian influence.
  6. Pussy Cat Dolls- Beep. Will I am on the track. Check out John Legend's She don't have to know which he also produced.
  7. Chris Brown feat. Juelz Santana- Run it (Remix). Think Tevin Campbell with Scott Storch on production. He's gonna be huge! Probably only in USA as it takes a while for it to filter over here.
  8. Mario- Turning Point. When it was first released I was skeptical but I've come round slightly. Scott Torch kills it again on Let me love you (remix) and other tracks worth a mention are Here I go again and Boom.
  9. Keyshia Cole- The way it is. Kanye on production and a voice similar to Mary J. Blige. Loving it.
  10. Sugababes- Taller in More Ways. Gotta be you is my stand out track (no.2) and I think Dallas Austin is responsible for the beats.

1 comment:

Dazed And Confused said...

enjoyed some of your posts. i think it's very wise (or maybe just normal for you) to not write off specialties like GP (like some of your peers it sounds) without giving them a go. i would say make sur eyou have a bloody good laugh whilst at med school but it sounds like you are already. well done for passing O&G by the way.