Monday, November 14, 2005

Sexual History

We survived the weekend. There was window shopping, dvd watching and a cinema trip. Surprisingly she didn't want to do anything crazy and I may have given her the false impression that I actually have a life. In her shoes was surprisingly good. Cameron Diaz probably played herself but I love Toni Collette. Ok I don't love her, I thought she was hilarious in Muriel's Wedding.

First day of my Infectious diseases/genito-urinary medicine rotation. Lectures with the main thread being the staff have heard it all in terms of sexual activities and we must get past our own embarrassment in order to ask questions relevant to the patient's presenting complaint. The health adviser clarified what 'fisting' and 'rimming' are. I must be the only one on earth who didn't know. Or am I? Write in folks......

This afternoon was spent finding a winter coat. The result of my labour-black, knee length, smart wool jacket from my old fave H&M. Whilst I'm here, the new Stella McCartney Collection is interesting. I won't be buying any of it 1. I can't be bothered to flog it to some poor sod on eBay (hang on...) 2. Every woman and her dog will be sporting something from the collection ala boho. I've realised some women are crazy because they will fight over clothes and shoes. Think January sales or Faith 20% off days.

I've got the Ray J song 'One wish' stuck in my head. Very loud girl talking on her mobile for 30 minutes on the bus and ignoring all the evil stares from the other passengers. We are all glad you're seeing Baz but we don't want to know your life story or what you got up to at the weekend.

2 comments:

Dazed And Confused said...

hey.

i really really fully understood where you were coming from when you posted your rant the other day.

you just have to PRIDE yourself in the fact that you are (or at least sound like you are) a normal person with normal interests and are aware of the fact that there is more to life than rag week. that's a good thing! i found that instead of getting incredibly irritated by the shallowness and self-absorbtion of certain (and it is like you said a minority) medics, it's a lot easier to see the funny side of it all. i mean it's absolutely ridiculous that people can be so oblivious of the rest of the world around them.

i don't think you are going to turn into "one of them" so try not to worry. i haven't i don't think. but i'll let you know if i start wearing chinos and loafers into work...

and as for all the sucking up to consultants/CV boosting nonsense, i'm a firm believer that you don't have to do ANY of it. i certainly didn't. everything on my CV is there because i REALLY wanted to do it for me, not for anyone else. and i've done ok out of it.

medicine is great once you take away all the crap (toxic doctors mostly) - try not to get too disillusioned with it yet.

see ya

jadefox said...

Thanks for the words of wisdom.


Jadefox