Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Rant

Apparently everyone is getting a knightshood from the Queen/ presenting their project at some conference/ doing their elective with the prime minister. That's all very well but is there any need to brag? It has taken me five years to realise that most people in my year are freaks in some way and I may not be a freak ( my psychiatric assessment not withstanding). I don't sleep in the library, suck up to consultants, live exclusively with medics or do everything with the purpose of getting a house job. I must be a weirdo. Perhaps I should start wearing belly tops and mini skirts on ward rounds. But will I be happy? Does it matter? Imagine doing a fun course at a non competitive uni where people actually have lives and nothing stuck up their butts. People say uni days are the best days of your lives. Not when its 6 years.

Could my irritation be due to the lengthy ward round just finished? Or the fact that I'm sick of a minority of self-centred medics who think the world revolves around them and take every oppurtunity to put others down. Perhaps it is the fear that one day my personality will evolve to become like theirs and there will be no cure. If this happens let me know and make me eat humble pie.

No comments: