Friday, November 25, 2005

Vital signs

Most wanted: All the James Patterson (too many) and Patricia Cornwell (two after blowfly) books I am yet to read. Lipstick jungle by Candace Bushnell. ABC network in the US bought the rights and it is being touted as the next sex and the city. The new Mary J Blige album The breakthrough , Floetry's Flo'Ology and Chris Brown's debut LP. Two weeks free holiday at some billionaire's Caribbean mansion. Back to earth.

Why is Jamie Foxx releasing an album? 50 cent's starring in a movie. Let's use the 8 mile concept, hire a model/actress Joy Bryant for the male vote, have lots of songs by guess who? 50 -I got shot a billion times-cent and we can make a completely original film lots of young kids will want to watch. I'd rather have my appendix taken out than watch anything 50 cent/Usher/Nelly act in. Acting is a talent, you either have it or you don't. Stage school is one way of nurturing the talent and I find it disrespectful to legendary actors such as Pacino, De Niro, Samuel L Jackson that these musicians think they can create talent from nothing. The only reason a lot of people watch the films is to see if these artistes are any good.

Got the Ray J song stuck in my head still and I actually like the Pussy Cat Dolls. In my opinion the Latin- African American girl, Melody is much prettier than the main girl, Nicole.

HIV/GUM ward round. Relaxed, funny staff and an all round change from some of the stuffy ward rounds I've been on/X-ray meeting I've fallen asleep during. I am attempting to crawl through the pathology course we did over the summer. That's over 100 lectures folks. Haematology is soooo interesting, do you know the WHO classification of myelodysplastic syndromes? No? Neither do I or anyone who isn't some haem professor. Presently, I occupied with the society stuff. Occupational Health informed me that they will have to 'bleed' me for measles, mumps and rubella antibody titres in lieu of elective health form filling. A few friends are going to roller disco this weekend but I am attending an AIDS conference. Rollerskating to music is so retro and I'm very jealous.

1 comment:

- said...

I thought the speakers at the conference were excellent. Are you going to any of the other Positively Red events this week?